Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday 22 March 2012

Turquoise and red

I have been collecting kitchenalia for a long time now, I have been far more adventurous in my kitchen than anywhere else in my home or in my wardrobe, certainly. Yet my kitchen says more about my personality than anywhere else.

It is painted magnolia and has standard cream cupboards and white tiles (we live in a new build) but I also have shabby chic style painted pine dresser and shelves which are packed full of my charity shop and ebay finds. I have a biscuit tin just like one my mother used to have, I have some pyrex crockery, some cake plates, sylvac, some very pretty 50s lambs that my mum gave me (I sourced an extra one because she gave me four but I had my littlest child, Leon and we became a family of five). Here are some pictures:

Home made curtains, bell dangling from the window was fro mthe Christmas Market in Manchester a few years ago

The mobile I made with the children, striped teapot, my son's first wellington boots,my painted pine shelves...

A wire heart holding all our invitations, thank you cards, take away menus etc

Stripey 'hello' duck form Martin Mere Wetlands park

chickens

home made glass jar vases

plate stand with buns
little lambs

'Henrietta Peck'

My lovely red kettle

Battered biscuit tin
This load of old tat that is in my kitchen says a lot about my life with my family and our personalities. I decided to inject a little of this into my wardrobe for a more fun (if slightly un-coordinating) look!

1 comment: